Diploma in Baking & Patisserie Arts
Our Diploma in Baking will allow you to showcase your creativity and passion for baking and patisserie arts by teaching you the fundamentals of this particular skill Our program will take you from idea to masterpiece stage, all the while following industry trends and concepts.
Our Diploma in Baking and Patisserie Arts follows a conceptual and practical approach that allows students to acquire the necessary skills and innovative excellence they need to launch a successful career in the respective industry all across the world.
Qualification and Course Outcome
This course covers intensive skill based guided training in the field of patisserie education.
The comprehensive and intensive curriculum will help you develop industry favored skills in baking and patisserie, including food production skills, product creativity, multitasking skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, supervisory, leadership and team building skills which will strengthen your training and prepare you for a successful career in the national and international hospitality industry.
MasterClass Hospitality Business School will provide you ample opportunities and choices of work placement in the national and international market. This diploma in baking will highlight your individuality in a number of infamous hotels and restaurants across the industry, and will also help you gain the skills required to apply for skill-based immigration opportunities in countries like Germany, Dubai, Australia, UK, USA, and Switzerland.
Our institute is the first of its kind providing opportunities to entrepreneurs to incubate their own food business in the field of hospitality. Choose to become a Foodpreneur with MasterClass Hospitality Business School and get a certified start to your successful food venture.
Theory module consists the following aspects which are integrated with the practical application throughout the Diploma in Baking & Patisserie Arts.
- Information of the baking and hospitality industry.
- Production procedure of recipe making
- Cutting skills
- Mixing skills
- Safety at work
- Food safety in catering
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen and equipment
- Prepare foods to meet different dietary requirements
- Food handling procedures
- Planning of deseets
(Practical application involves selection of ingredients, techniques, proper equipment, tools, garnishing, health and safety practices, hygiene practices, nutritional value and implications)
- Introduction to Hospitality & Kitchen Operations
- Safety at Work
- Food Safety in Catering
- Healthier Foods & Special Diets
- Catering Operations, Costs & Menu Planning
Introduction to Baking.
- In this you will learn how to start baking, its introduction, different methods and techniques used in baking, basic ingredients.
Principles of Baking.
- Baking can often be referred to as the chemistry of cooking. All ingredients must be accurately measured, and measurement is critical. You will learn Basic principles of baking , Ingredients , different Types of Flour , Leaving agents , Mixing methods and heating
HACCP, Food Safety, Sanitation.
- In this you will learn how to work with HACCP principles and specifies you the strategies to be followed to assure control of physical, chemical and biological hazards on the basis of the seven principles of HACCP when manufacturing baked goods.
- Things regarding food safety in cleaning, cooking & reheating food, storing & chilling Food & avoiding cross contamination.
- Principles of sanitation, its importance & proper sanitation practices.
- In this you learn how to garnish a cake, types of garnishes, what is the purpose of garnish & rules of garnishing.
- What are the five most common sauce types served with desserts? Its types, Sauces for desserts, how to prepare and its processes.
- You will learn how to make different types of cakes , pan cakes , cup cakes.
- How to make breads , its types , Burger buns , enriched breads , Sandwiches , thin & thick crust pizzas.
- Types of biscuits , cookies and brownies, quiche and pies.
Tarts, Chocolate & candies
- You will different types of tarts, macros, meringue, pastries, chocolates & candies.
- How to make a fondant cake from scratch, its application, its process & garnishes.
Food Safety Level.
- What is food safety level 2? How long does a food safety level 2 last?
- Good food hygiene;
- Food contamination;
- Assessing and managing food safety risks;
- Food storage and preservation methods;
- Good personal hygiene;
- Effective pest control;
- Implement effective cleaning methods;
- Legal and food safety requirements for premises;
- Food safety management systems, including HACCP.
Bagel & Brioche.
- Different products with Brioche , why it is different from normal bread , more healthier
- Different bagel sandwiches, its calories and comparison with donuts.
- Introduction to culinary terms , methods and techniques
Rolls, Crackers and pies.
- Different kinds of rolls, Crackers and pies, it’s making and garnishing.
- Introduction to financier, making, financier’s patisserie and desserts.
- Baking calculations, bakers percentage, costing of ingredients, selling price, what to buy, where to buy, when to buy?
Brownies, Brule and puddings.
- Introduction to pudding, types of pudding, hot, cold and cake puddings.
- What is Brule? its making and recipes
- Different types of brownies
Baklava and Kunafeh.
- Special Arabic desserts, dome desserts.
- Different types or rolls , bread rolls , enriched rolled with different fillings .
- Introduction to chocolate world, how to make different types of chocolates, different products from chocolates.
- Special gravity cake from scratch.
|Kit and Supplies||15,000/-|
|Practical Food Laboratory||70,000/-|
|Food Safety Training Certificate|
|MasterClass Hospitality Business School International Certificate||35,000/-|
|Tuition & Training|
|Tuition Fee Term I||50,000/-|
|Tuition Fee Term II||50,000/-|
|Total Diploma Program Fee||232,000/-|
Who’s this course for?
If one is looking for a career in food production & catering, such as setting up a business enterprise of international standards or qualifying to take up employment as a Commis/Assistant Chef in the Hospitality Industry, these Internationally Recognized Vocational Qualifications (IVQ) will set you on the right path.
Why MasterClass Pakistan?
Because MasterClass Pakistan isn’t just an institute – it’s your entire future. Our institute was founded on the basis of revolutionizing and globalizing the culinary and hospitality industry of Pakistan, and we aim to do that with our diploma programs. Our institute isn’t your average training brand, but a vision-oriented school where students are given complete opportunity to practice, develop and perfect their skills in the respective fields and programs they want to be a part of.
Not only that, we also have something to offer to everyone who’s interested in learning with us. From kids and teenagers to diploma students and adults, we have a range of programs available from person to person, depending on how involved you want to be in the culinary practices in the future.
Our hands-on, practical approach to learning helps you develop market-required skills in the global and national forum, and we make sure that they’re well equipped in presentation, learning and practices that can help them launch a successful career or business once they graduate from MasterClass Pakistan.
What are the facilities like?
MasterClass Pakistan provides a very comfortable and sophisticated learning environment. Classrooms and work areas are centrally air-conditioned, and are famous for being modern, spacious and equipped with all the latest technologies & aids.
The state of the art training kitchen facilities here include a well-appointed and complete range of top of the line machinery & equipment, designer meeting areas, a coffee lounge, student breakout areas, a library, a full Wi-Fi Network, electronically secured environment and trained staff for assistance.
What is the difference between the courses offered by MasterClass Pakistan and those offered by others?
MasterClass Pakistan’s courses are of a high academic standard and are industry centered. They focus on hands-on practical training as well as theoretical and professional training, enabling students to seamlessly integrate and excel in the industry.
Our programs are also intensive and built to prepare you for a professional setting. The course and training is delivered simulating the industry work environment.
Also, successful completion of the diploma programs at MasterClass Pakistan enable candidates to opt for work experience placement in Pakistan or in international markets such as Dubai and Turkey, helping them to immigrate in countries where they require skilled labor, such as in Germany or Canada, and other such developed, first world countries.
Can MasterClass Pakistan help me if I am having difficulties with learning?
MasterClass Pakistan’s trained staff will provide technical assistance when required. We offer complete academic support for students by providing help with academic work and academic counseling, at every stage.
Are the programs offered here accredited & recognized?
Yes, all the programs offered at MasterClass Hospitality Business School are accredited and certified, the details of which can be found below:
MasterClass Pakistan is a City & Guilds London approved center delivering City & Guilds accredited International Vocational Qualifications (IVQ) and Certifications for its bespoke programs as a City & Guilds London Accredited Centre.
World Chefs Recognition
MasterClass Pakistan has been awarded the “Recognition of Quality Culinary Education” by the World Association of Chefs Societies (World Chefs), a global authority on food and food standards.
Consumer Association of Pakistan
MasterClass Pakistan has been awarded the “Best Emerging Hospitliaty brand” by Consumer Association of Pakistan. A Pakistani board on Consumer choice association.
MasterClass Pakistan is registered with Sindh Technical Education and vocational training Authority.
Sind Technical Board
MasterClass is registered with the Sindh Technical Board to provide the proper technical qualifications in the relevant field and courses.
MasterClass is registered with the National vocational and Technical training commission.
What kind of Certification is offered?
Upon successful completion of the prescribed guided learning hours and the internal theoretical and practical examinations at MasterClass Pakistan, a Certificate of Completion recognized by MasterClass Pakistan, is issued for the Diploma & Amateur programs in Cookery & Patisserie.
Upon successful completion of City & Guilds International Examination held online at MasterClass Pakistan after the completion of the course, the City & Guild IVQ qualification is awarded for the Diploma & Amateur programs in Cookery & Patisserie Skills program.
Our Lifestyle Classes are hobby based class and hence are not formally certified. A Certification of Participation is issued upon request.
What is the Work Experience Placement (WEP) Program?
The WEP program provides student chefs with valuable hands-on involvement in the industry-working environment by way of a paid work experience and paves the way for further career opportunities.
The work experience placement program is not mandatory for the diploma qualification. Placement for the paid WEP Program is arranged by way of on-campus interviews. The placement contracts are directly agreed to, between the candidates and the Human Resource (HR) Department of the respective employing company.
MasterClass Pakistan provides all coordination support for the first confirmed paid WEP Program on a ‘No Cost Basis’, at the Commis Hot Kitchen Chef/ Commis Pastry Chef (III, II or I) levels in Pakistan. For more details on the WEP, kindly refer to the Professional Program Course Prospectus.
How much do the courses cost?
For details on individual course costs, kindly refer to the Course Prospectus in the respective program section.
How can I pay?
Payment can be made to MasterClasss Pakistan Hospitality Business School through any of the following methods:
Direct Deposit – Bank Transfer of fees between local bank accounts
Beneficiary: MasterClass Pakistan Hospitality Business School
A/c. No. / IBAN No. :
Beneficiary Bank: Bank Albarka
Branch & Address:
Credit Card Authority – Payment by either Visa, Mastercard or Bankcard.
Bank Draft or Banker’s Cheque – Please make cheques/drafts payable to “MasterClass Pakistan Hospitality Business School”
Cash – Direct cash payment can be made at the front office desk
Are my tuition fee secured at MasterClass Pakistan?
Yes. As soon as you pay your tuition fees, they are held in a bank account administered by MasterClass Pakistan and they are not accessed until you begin your course.
Can the payments be made in installments?
For the Diploma and Amateur programs in Cookery & Patisserie, installments are available for all Pakistani Residents. All instalments must be secured by way of postdated cheques. Kindly enquire at the admission office for details
How do I apply?
One could chose to make an online enquiry using the respective program Online Enquiry Form, upon which a representative from our admissions department will contact you to proceed further.
Alternatively, you could come to MasterClass Pakistan in person and apply.
When can I begin the Course?
Start Dates for all courses are detailed under Course & Date, in the respective program section.
Does MasterClass Pakistan have procedures & polices for its program?
Yes, MasterClass Pakistan has procedures & policies and the same is made available at the time of admission.
What should I do if I need medical help during the class?
There are several medical centres in the city near MasterClass Pakistan.
If you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact us directly.
By applying to MasterClass Pakistan, you are taking a big step in fulfilling your dreams to become an industry professional or an accomplished amateur chef.
We aim to keep the admission process simple and personal. We encourage you to speak to one of our admission coordinators to discuss the course program, seat availability and admission requirements.
If you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact us directly on +92 321 4822272 or +92 332 4822272 or send us a message by visiting our Facebook page.
We invite you to visit our award winning, state of the art, purpose built facility, meet our students, faculty, and see classes in session.
To know more about the range of Courses we offer and Start Dates, please contact our Admissions Department on +92 321 4822272 or send an online enquiry to email@example.com for any course or program of your choice, as listed below:
- PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
- AMATEUR PROGRAM
- LIFESTYLE CLASSES
- CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING EVENTS
- BRANDED EVENT/PARTNERSHIP
Note: Minimum entry requirements apply and there are clearly defined admission procedures for all courses, these are detailed in the respective course prospectus, apart from the Program FAQ’s for your easy understanding.
Dates to be announced soon.